Minimally Invasive and Non-Destructive Techniques
Innovative Investigation of Building Defects and Failures
Specialist Material Condition and Performance Investigations
Cost Effective and Independent Remedial Specification and Design
Holistic Analysis of Complex Problems
Commercial Property Services
Established in 1963, H+R are an independent team of property professionals and scientists with a comprehensive service portfolio aimed at the commercial property sector.
As a broad based consultancy firm, we are experienced in many areas of building investigation, including building performance, building materials and occupancy, as well as remedial specification. H+R have special expertise in building pathology and heritage conservation, particularly with regard to damp and decay issues.
Our surveys are carefully compiled to contain detailed value added information for each client as well as practical recommendations for remedial action or refurbishment. Where relevant, this can be supplemented with advice obtained cost-effectively from other specialists such as reference laboratories and academic experts.
With every project, it is our objective to provide the optimum level of information along with holistic advice on any building related problem. We offer sustainable solutions that do not require costly and time-consuming chemical treatments or damaging interventions. We will work pragmatically with individual clients to preserve original building materials and methods of construction wherever possible.
H+R are held in high regard by many loss adjusters and insurers including Premier and NHBC. Individual surveyors are members of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
H+R’s professional service portfolio comprises many expert services that are of particular interest to the commercial property sector.
- We can conduct specialist building material condition and performance investigations with regard to building failures, with a particular emphasis on masonry, timber decay and damp penetration.
- We can provide detailed remedial specifications for repair and refurbishment work.
- We provide cost-effective environmentally conscious remedial advice that avoids the use of chemicals and unsuitable proprietary systems.
- We can deliver pertinent information for planning, refurbishment, risk management and quantity surveying requirements.
- We offer in-house consultancy and advice on a wide range of technical, scientific, environmental and legal property matters.
- We can liaise with planning officers, building warranty providers, conservation officers and heritage organisations, as required.
H+R carry out projects across the UK and internationally on behalf of a wide range of commercial clients, which include major contractors, developers, investment trusts, real estate companies, landed estates and property management companies. A selection of case studies can be viewed here.
Our long and noteworthy client list contains many household names in the property industry, and we are delighted to be working with prestigious companies such as
- CBRE, Cluttons, Savills, Knight Frank, Jones Lang Lasalle, GVA
- Crown Estate, Cadogan Estate, Grosvenor, Northumberland Estates
- Walter Lilly, Ardmore, Laing O’Rourke, Morgan Sindall
- Taylor Wimpey, Berkeley Group, Crest Nicholson, Barratt